What to do at the time of Death
The circumstances that surround the loss of a loved one and the planning for funeral services may vary widely.
Nevertheless, the arrangements typically follow this pattern in whole or in part.
- When death has occurred, the family notifies the funeral home which they have selected.
- The funeral home contacts Our Lady of Victory Parish and the process of preparing for the funeral begins.
- The family meets with the funeral home staff to make arrangements. The funeral home will call the Parish to
confirm dates and times for services which typically include:
- A Vigil Service/Rosary at the funeral home
- The funeral liturgy
- The committal at the cemetery
- A member of the parish staff is available to meet with the family or a family representative to finalize details for the funeral services.
- The parish will provide an organist for the funeral Mass or other service in Church. The norm, in our community, is that a cantor will also be provided.
- Our Lady of Victory Parish is glad to be of service at this difficult time and will try to accommodate the needs and wishes of the family.
- Some funeral homes provide grief counseling following the funeral. Likewise a member of the parish staff will be happy to meet with members of the
family or to provide a referral for additional assistance.
- Angela Hospice in Livonia provides ongoing grief support groups free of charge. For more information you may call 866-464-7810.