Protecting God's Children
The Pastoral Staff here at Our Lady of Victory is implementing the following guidelines as required by the
Archdiocese of Detroit to make sure that as a Faith Community are doing everything possible to keep our children safe.
- Everyone who has contact with children on our property must have a criminal background check run every other year
before they can begin to be with our children.
- Attendance at the Protecting God's Children Workshop is mandatory.
- If you are a new volunteer at OLV, have completed the criminal background check and are
presently working with our children you will have until January 2012 to attend a Protecting
God's Children Workshop. You may choose to attend any of the workshops being offered
throughout the Archdiocese.
- If you are a returning volunteer to OLV you must have completed the background check for
this year and the PGC Workshop before you can volunteer with our children.
- You only need to attend this workshop once and if you have already attended the Protecting God's Children
Workshop either here at OLV or in another parish you do not have to attend this year.
- Both steps in this process are required if you have contact with our children.
Only OLV parishioners who have met the above criteria will be allowed to chaperone any parish sponsored events.
Workshop schedule: www.aodonline.org
Thank you for your dedication to Our Lady of Victory Community and your commitment to the safety of our children.